December 13, 2011

time to get paid blow up like the world trade

i had a little shouting match with my boss's boss today ... he's kind of both our boss in a way ... like on the organizational chart i report to my boss but in reality there's also a dotted line going up to his boss ... anyway ... so i finally said some things i've been wanting to say for a long time ... but it was cool ... we had a laugh later on in the day ... so nobody went to bed angry ... but still it was something ... i told him i had a certain limit and when someone pushes me beyond it i don't know what can happen ... i swear his face went yellow for a split-second ... but he soon recovered and shouted right back ... anyway ... so the group division manager was in the room next door ... as was the visiting consultant ... so they heard everything ... or at least they definitely heard the shouting ... anyway ... i love our group division manager ... he is algerian and speaks english with a delightful french accent ... but anyway ... it was another chapter in the ongoing saga that is my time with this company ...
i can get away with shouting at my boss's boss ... because i am indispensable ... everyone else fears him greatly ... it's like news when someone shouts at him ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

shou indispensable?? nobody is these days !! I am telling you I have a million thing to say at work but I bite my tongue, count to hundred, and eat ice cream to cool off.... because they are delivering pink slips like hot cakes !!
So Be good or at least have a back up plan just in case..
ya3ni, a friendly advice :)

Jundi said...

noura my dear trust me when i say i am indispensable

derry said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.