July 4, 2011

tales of a working bachelor

there is this brand that is part of our company's luxury portfolio .. it's called jay strongwater .. they make luxury gift items .. like vases and trays and mirrors and little decorations .. as the inbound manager for the company i deal with shipments all the time .. it's kind of my job .. every shipment must go through me before it can go to the market .. my favorite part is dousing myself with all the perfume that we receive .. i've become an expert on perfumes .. which i knew nothing about till i joined them .. i mean i was never one to buy perfumes .. i occasionally used to buy some back in college when going through duty free .. but that was it .. but now i would say i'm kind of an expert .. here are some of my favorites .. lacoste blanc .. chanel platinum egoiste .. everything carolina herrera .. polo blue .. chanel allure homme sport .. everything armani .. they have a new one called armani code sport which smells wonderful .. but we don't have all the brands .. like we don't have boss .. but anyway .. i digress .. back to jay strongwater .. a shipment came in for them recently .. and i got to see some of it .. the stuff is truly beautiful .. if i ever get engaged i'm going to get my fiance a gift made by those guys .. it would make a nice decoration for our house later on so it's kind of a gift for both of us .. here is an example of the kind of things they make ..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lacoste blanc and Polo blue are nice..
Can I recommend that you try "Bel ami" and "Montana"...

Dreamer said...

I like to look at these things but I don't like to buy them...mainly because i have to place them, placing a vase is not as easy as men imagine. Also after a certain amount of time...say a year...I start to get bored with them and want to get rid of them!! Never buy your fiance an impersonal gift of this nature...if my husband were to buy me something like that I would not be happy :|

Jundi said...

noura .. i dont think we carry those brands so i cant say im familiar with them unfortunately .. but thanks :)

prudence .. i think u should be happy if ur husband buys u such things cuz that shit is expensive lol