February 5, 2011

tales from the automobile


well i turned in the rental car yesterday ... it was the last day on the lease ... hated it ... don't miss it at all ... though i'm without a car now so that kind of sucks ... still i hated that car ... so weak ...
i dropped my car off at the shop on wednesday ... finally replacing the engine ... my car was half flooded in the rains ... it wasn't even working at the time ... the engine got busted in the first rain ... so anyway yeah a lot of water got inside ... to give you an idea just how much ... you know the compartment between the driver seat and the passenger seat ... there was water inside the fricking thing ... also the windshield is broken ... apparently got hit by a rock or something ... perfect ... man it was such a sad sight when we towed it ... we couldn't even load it on the flatbed ... so we got a winch to just tow it ... so there was my car being dragged across jeddah at a 45 degree angle ... heartbreaking i tell you ... so yeah after the engine gets replaced and it's running again ... i need to take it to the cleaners and also replace the windshield ... oh well ... the reason it took me so long to fix it is because there was a chance the insurance might pay for the repair ... but they requested a report from the civil defense ... which is VERY difficult to obtain ... which is why the insurance is insisting on getting it ... well played insurance dicks ... but yeah i was like fuck it i'll fix it myself ... how i miss it ... my carla ... i'm thinking of fixing it ... using it for the rest of the year ... then sell it around christmas time ... but we'll see ... anyway ... it sucks but a lot of people are suffering like me so that makes me feel a little better knowing i'm not alone ... one of my friends has a mini cooper the thing got totally submerged in water ... poor guy ... a lot of other people suffered similar fates ... i was told of one fellow who recently purchased a porsche cayenne and it got flooded inside ... terrible ... coincidentally thanks to facebook i also know that one of my "friends" who lives in dallas wrecked her car driving on an icy road ... so it seems to be world wide phenomenon ... anyway really looking forward to reuniting with my baby ... i dedicate this song to her ... my car that is ...

No comments: