January 22, 2011

i've been workin' on the railroad

talking about jobs ... i'm at my third company so far ... in about four years ... most people don't change that many in their entire life ... take my dad for example ... he's actually looking for one right now ... see his company has a policy whereby people have to retire once they reach a certain age ... he'd been with them for thirty years ... so anyway ... i digress ... back to me ... because that's who this post is about ... no disrespect papa ... well i guess papa deserves some credit ... i think his retirement inspired me to reflect a little bit on my own humble career ... so thanks for the inspiration papa ... but again this post isn't about you ... it's about moi ... so yeah my first job ... i was a fresh graduate ... and i have to say i was kind of naive ... was fresh meat if you will ... and i was thrust into a very demanding and stressful position ... i was having a managerial position you see ... man i suffered at that job ... anyway i ended up giving them a big fuck you ... i abruptly quit on them ... just went home one day and sent an email saying i wasn't going to show up anymore ... i also ignored the numerous calls that followed ... then came my second job ... this one paid a little less than my first one but sounded much more promising so i accepted ... it was a very good company ... plus i wanted back in the workplace ... mostly just so i can get out of the house and not be such a bum ... so yeah i worked for a year at my first job ... my second job paid less like i said ... also it was in RIYADH ... this was actually a bonus for me ... i wanted to live on my own you see ... so yeah ... i moved ... that was the best job ever ... i came and went as i pleased ... absences ... internet ... chatting ... i did so little real work at that place ... i did nothing there ... also the people were cool ... but alas ... they refused to give me a raise ... and after two years i refused to go on another year with the same pay ... except this time i already had a job lined up ... so i spared myself the ok i quit now what the fuck do i do scenario ... i learned from my mistake ... and now here i am at my third job ... started out in riyadh but ended up transferring to jeddah ... i like it here ... mind you all these jobs have been in the same field ... logistics ... i like this job i'm in now ... i mean the work is absolutely exhausting ... but i'm happy ... pay's good ... i actually contribute ... although i'm not crazy about the people ... i mean my team is wonderful ... but i'm not too fond of my management ... well only one of them and he's leaving ... well transferring actually ... same as leaving though isn't it ... so yeah i like it here ... although my boss says i have a negative attitude ... i told him i disagree ... i really did ... we kind of went back and forth about it ... he didn't convince me and i certainly didn't convince him ... but in terms of the big picture he's pleased with me ... so it's good ... i honestly like it here ... i wouldn't say it's my dream job ... but i'm happy and that's all that matters ...

and now ... i leave you with a dilbert cartoon ...

2 comments:

Dreamer said...

lol @ the cartoon

Negative attitude?? Noo mish ma32ol he must mean another Jundi ;)

Jundi said...

well i dont want to overanalyze it .. but yeah i told him i disagreed ... i wouldnt budge :D

yeah the cartoon is funny :D