September 28, 2009

who's that girl lalalalalala

hey gang ... my brother's wife is supposed to have a girl in a couple of months ... inshala of course ... and i will be an uncle ... oh boy ... anyway they were gonna name her salma but it seems they changed their mind ... so now my brother is looking for suggestions ... i told him go for something short and simple ... like a nada or lana or a lara or a maya or sara you get it ... you know like two syllable names that end with an a ... there's dozens of them ... noura or huda or rula or ruba or rana or dana ... and on ... but no he wants something a little more unique ... which i guess is why they decided to cross salma out ... so come on people ... think ... THINK dammit!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that Noura is your best bet :D My two best friends are Houda and Sarah.
What about:
Maha
Zeina
Maya
3abeer
Nour
Manal

You know , I think 3abeer is really nice..
and I am an aunt, when my nephew call me 3amto, I jump out of my skin..specially if it is followed by "I love you" lool
Mabrook to your brother and his wife w 3o2balak :)

Anonymous said...

Labiba :)

Dreamer said...

I like names after cities; afterall I AM named after one..not the right one tho :'(

I like Jenin, Bisan and Sham "even if you're not syrian".

there is also Shahed and Farah and Rama and Maya; my nieces and of course Zeena my own ;)

Jundi said...

noura .. thanks Allah ybarik feeki .. if it were up to me i would go with maya but i think he wants something unique o_0

RB .. thanks for playing but no .. she is a baby girl not a flying cartoon character :p

pru .. actually believe it or not jenin was one of the names i suggested :o

suha said...

I have a name for you it is the bestest name in the world tada da daaaaaaaa (drum roll) it's SUHA
mabroook babies are the purest thing on earth until they can start talking then they trun evil loool jk

but i think Hana is a nice name
and layla (if u name her that u can nickname her liily as in the flower) and another name is dalia as in the flower, i am giving an exclusive look into my future kids names so ur bro should feel honoured lol actually anything that is an arabic name for a flower is nice
look up flower names online bil 3arabi i am sure u'd find a nice rare name

Jundi said...

suha .. my dad wants layla :)

Jundi said...

well he wanted one suggestion from me but i gave him three final submissions .. here they are in random order ..

layal (thats layal not layla)
nadine
maya

suha said...

oh yay one of my closest friends is named layal and nadine is nice as well oh and dont forget to let us know what they decided = )