March 11, 2008

Unemployed


well it's been about two weeks since i quit my job ... i still haven't found a new one ... although i do have a few leads ... so there are signs of life on planet jundi needs a job ...
i've gotten three calls from interested parties ... and a fourth from the company i was working at ...it was the riyadh office calling to see if i was interested in working there ... unfortunately the dhahran office (the one i was working at) is blocking the transfer ...

anyway hopefully something will work out soon inshala ...

i don't regret leaving the job ... i honestly don't ... god knows how much i hated it ... but of course it bothers me that i am now without work and therefore without income ...
for those who don't know it was my first job ... and i lasted about a year before deciding to walk away ...

i'm not doing much with my life since i quit ... i've been spending a lot of time online ... mostly applying for work ... but also blogging and what not ...
i've also done things i haven't done in a long time ... like sleep long hours ... go for long walks ... and just contemplate about where i am and where i am going ... making plans ...


N 2 S

j and g can sound the same ... like jello and gyrate ...
but they are not the same ...
they can sound different sometimes ... like jeep and gobble ...
and that is why you need both ...
the j and the g ...
now get to the gettin' ...


********************************************
Don't you know you're talking about a revolution
It sounds like a whisper
Don't you know they're talking about a revolution
It sounds like a whisper

While they're standing in the welfare lines
Crying at the doorsteps of those armies of salvation
Wasting time in unemployment lines
Sitting around waiting for a promotion

Don't you know you're talking about a revolution
It sounds like a whisper

Poor people are gonna rise up
And get their share
Poor people are gonna rise up
And take what's theirs

Don't you know you better run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run
********************************************

and while we are on the subject of job hunting ...
this is the gayest thing i have ever seen ...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find something really soon..
Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

it really does make a difference when you actually like what you do... so Good luck!

Ever thought about going back to Beirut?

The new look: me encanta!!

Manutdfanatic said...

Change is good.

Jundi said...

hey noura .. i hope so too :D
thanks :)

iman .. of course it makes a difference .. thanks :)
and ya i thought about goin back but things need to settle down first .. anyway if i go back its gonna be for a visit not to actually live there .. theres no decent work to be found over there :/
and glad u like the new look :)

mufanatic .. yup it sure is .. im tryin to change a lot of things in my life :)

Anonymous said...

Mabrook the new look,and the new picture..cute,I like it a lot :)

Since you find the news first am checking your page before going through my list,which is easier and saves me time :D

Jundi said...

hey noura thanks :) well i have a lot of free time these days o_0:)

Dreamer said...

I'm not used to the new look!! I liked the older one better!!

Why don't you look for a job outside ksa? I feel people over there are suffocating and i want them to leave :p Where are your roots jundi?? where do you want to spend the rest of your life??

Good luck and enjoy the little time of freedom you have ;)

Jundi said...

too late :p
don't worry you'll get used to it :)

my roots are in 7aifa ... 3a2id ila 7aifa o_0

actually i am looking for work both in and out of ksa ... but the chances of someone outside ksa hiring me are slim considering that i don't have that much experience yet ...
where to spend the rest of my life ... i dunno ... i wouldn't mind getting out of the arab world to be honest ... immigrating once and for all ... canada?

anyway i am enjoying my freedom :)

Dreamer said...

Nah..i tried canada, did not work out for me!! The problem with..let's call it blad il ghorbeh:p is that you feel sooo marginal, so insignificant, so disconnected, so not a part of a real thing that it makes you wonder if you're really alive!! At least that's how it was for me! The years I spent there are so nightmarish that I don't like to remember them!
My roots sprang from a village in the 7aifa district also!! Hey if we return (haha) we'll be neighbors :p

I took some new and good pictures today, but there's a problem with "blogger" and i can't upload them..check them out i'm sure you'll recognize that area ;)

Jundi said...

a7la 7aifawiyeh :D

tayeb balash canada .. australia?

as for feeling "sooo marginal, so insignificant, so disconnected, so not a part of a real thing that it makes you wonder if you're really alive" .. 2al ya3ni as opposed to what i am feeling here LOL ...

and how am i supposed to check em out if u still didnt upload the photos o_0

Dreamer said...

Australia is not even in the same hemisphere :shreiks with horror:

Oh you'll never listen to me..I used to be like you once. I did not even wait for my immigration papers and travelled with a visitor's visa :O My mom pleaded with me to spend one last ramadan and 3ed with them and i refused! My trip to the airport was one of the most traumatic and emotional events of my life!! The point is..I thought I wanted to leave and I felt imprisoned when I was among my folks..I broke free and I dont know..I still don't know!!

It does not matter what you do..you'll regret it anyways :p